Extrusion Design University – EDU ’18
For nearly 50 years, ET Seminars have gathered the brightest minds in the industry to offer research and knowledge focused on aluminum extrusion technology. Now, we are bringing that proven expertise to a new educational event.
EDU ’18 is a new 2-day event that features educational presentations delivered by AEC members and others focused on expanding aluminum extrusion knowledge. This event will bring together industry experts who understand extrusion design and production processes with designers, engineers, and specifiers who are interested in honing their knowledge and understanding of aluminum extrusions.
HURRY! Now through December 31, 2017 save $100 per person on registration. Learn more...
REGISTER NOW >>
Aluminum extrusion is a versatile, cost-effective and attractive design solution and material process of choice for designers and engineers in countless product applications. Further enhanced by the many value-added services provided by extruders, aluminum extrusions offer unique freedom in product design.
Focused on application industries served by aluminum extrusion, the educational program at EDU ’18 provides a valuable learning experience for you and your team. The conference includes educational programming covering a variety of application markets, including:
- Building & Construction
- Industrial Applications/Engineered Products
In addition, a "Taste of ET" track will highlight some of the award-winning technical presentations delivered at the Eleventh International Aluminum Extrusion Technology Seminar (ET '16).
EDU ’18 – For Designers & Engineers
Plan to attend EDU ’18 featuring a valuable program designed to enhance knowledge, develop careers and cultivate relationships between the aluminum extrusion industry and those who use, design and specify extrusions. This new event is designed for individuals that want to expand their understanding and learn how to design and engineer products using aluminum extrusions. Sessions will cover a multitude of topics—from alloys, specifications and design to finishing, fabrication and specific extrusion applications.
- Hear from more than a dozen expert speakers, including Hydro Aluminum, PPG, Houghton, Magnode Inc., Azon USA, Technoform, Almag Inc., Bonnell Aluminum, Rio Tinto, and many more who bring technical knowledge and experience.
- Explore applications for aluminum extrusion, including LED lighting, signage, crash management for automotive structures, and more.
- Find answers to questions on popular aluminum extrusion topics, including specifications, alloys and tempers, building codes, sustainability, finishing, fabrication, thermal break technologies, material comparisons, and more.
- Earn CEUs in one convenient place! AEC plans to submit the sessions at EDU ’18 for continuing education learning units. Get your professional development requirements accomplished at EDU ‘18.
- Enhance your knowledge and advance your career with add-on workshops covering aluminum extrusion structural design and anodizing. Learn more about the workshops here.
- Visit with dozens of aluminum extrusion manufacturers and related suppliers who will be on hand at the EDU Expo to discuss their capabilities, offer solutions and connect you with a reliable source for your next aluminum extrusion project!
Who Should Attend?
If you design, engineer, specify or use aluminum extrusions, the EDU ’18 program will benefit you. The program will cover a multitude of topics applicable to every end-use market for aluminum extrusions, including:
- Product/Industrial Design
- Medical/Healthcare Equipment
- Mechanical Engineering
- Renewable Energy
- Research & Development
- Lighting, and more.
Back to Top
EDU ’18 – For Aluminum Extrusion Professionals
EDU ’18 will also be a “mini ET Seminar” event with sessions of interest to extrusion professionals and one educational track dedicated to industry training and knowledge-sharing topics. The abbreviated “ET” program will be similar to past ET events with subjects such as:
- Billet Process & Equipment
- Extrusion Equipment
- Extrusion/Die (Practical and Theoretical)
- Management Issues
- Value-Added Processes
Sessions in the 'Taste of ET' track sample some of the best papers presented from past ET Seminars, including ET '16 held in May 2016. If you missed ET '16 or want another opportunity to see the papers you missed, as well as catch some new sessions, attend EDU '18 to catch up on the latest extrusion industry information. The program will highlight the same quality and commitment to excellence you have come to expect from the ET Seminars.
Who Should Attend?
Aluminum extrusion industry attendees will include:
- Management Executives
- Plant Supervisors
- R&D Professionals
- Sales & Marketing Personnel
- Finishing Managers
- Extrusion Die & Tooling Professionals
- Plant Management Personnel, and more.
Enhance Your Career with Add-on Workshops
Expand your knowledge and advance your career with add-on workshops* covering various aspects of the aluminum extrusion process. Visit "Add-on Workshops" for complete details.
Monday, May 14
Determining the Strength of Aluminum Extruded Members Seminar
Instructor: Randy Kissell, PE, Trinity Consultants
This workshop, taught by design engineer and author Randy Kissell with 40 years of experience in designing and erecting aluminum structures, will provide designers and engineers with tools to overcome the challenge of determining the forces that extrusions can withstand. By using Specification for Aluminum Structures, published by The Aluminum Association, Kissell will teach designers how to use the powerful tools available to them.
Anodizing Essentials Workshop – Level 1
Instructors: Various AAC Faculty
This one-day program, presented by the Aluminum Anodizers Council (AAC), teaches anodizers the fundamentals and foundation of quality anodizing. This basic course explains how to anodize aluminum properly taking the learner through the entire process.
Thursday, May 17
Extrusion Excellence: Applied Fundamentals for Aluminum Extruders
Instructor: Dr. Wojciech Z. Misiolek, Director of the Loewy Institute at Lehigh University
Gain a well-rounded education on the fundamentals of the aluminum extrusion process in this intensive one-day course developed for extrusion professionals that brings together aluminum extrusion theory and practice for a fundamental engineering approach to the aluminum extrusion process.
* Additional fees and registration apply.
Register by December 31, 2017 to save $100 per person on registration. REGISTER HERE.
Back to Top