Submission Page and Guidelines
|August 15, 2017
||Presentation Abstracts Due
|October 31, 2017
||Selected authors receive notice of acceptance
|March 5, 2018
|Preliminary presentations due for CEU approval process
|May 1, 2018
||Final presentation materials due
* Dates subject to change based on final conference date to be selected.
Each abstract/presentation will be carefully reviewed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Relevance and timeliness to the EDU ’18 audience
- Quality and interest for the audience
- Appropriate use of case histories, user experiences, and actual industry applications
- Completeness of abstract; the abstract covers the subject matter in a concise but thorough manner
- Noncommercial tone and content
- Timely submission of abstract
- Inclusion of learning objectives in the abstract/presentation description
Abstract Submission Guidelines
The deadline for submitting abstracts is August 15, 2017. Multiple abstracts may be submitted. All abstracts submitted must include at least four (4) learning objectives. Here are some tips for writing a winning proposal:
- The learning objectives must be achievable
and measurable so learners know what
they can expect from the presentation,
and it will lead to a more focused and
effective course if the materials tie to the objectives.
- “Achievable” means that the learners can actually
learn what it takes to meet the objective
within the course format, time frame, and content.
- “Measurable” means that the learners can
easily identify if they can or cannot
do the action in the objective.
- When developing your learning objectives
use “active” verbs. Using passive verbs
make it harder to measure. Objectives that start
with “understand,” “know,” “be familiar with”
are broad, vague and difficult to measure.
Active verbs, on the other hand, allow the
learner to know exactly what they should be
able to do at the end of the course,
such as “apply”, “solve”, “specify”,
“compare”, “identify”, “develop”, etc.
The goal is to provide a comprehensive reference tool for each conference registrant to take home.
- All presentations must be noncommercial in nature.
- Presentations will be provided in printed form to attendees as conference materials.
A technical paper also may be included to support each presentation.
- Speaker will make available to the AEC at least eight weeks prior to the date of the EVENT, a copy of any materials he/she will use as handouts during his/her presentation.
Duration of Presentations
Concurrent presentations at EDU ’18 will be 60 minutes in duration with an optional additional 10-minute Q&A session.
For more information about submitting an abstract for a proposed presentation at EDU ’18, please visit AEC.org/EDU18.
Preliminary presentations will be due March 5, 2018 to allow time for the material to be submitted and vetted for continuing education learning units.
Final presentations will be due May 1, 2018.
To submit, please go to the submission page, here.