Information Provided Voluntarily
Member Contact Information: We will collect personal information that you provide to us, including but not limited to, your name, employer’s company name, industry classification, address, telephone number, and email address. Such information is necessary to facilitate your access to, use of, purchase of, or participation in our service and product offerings, including, but not limited to: membership; and events, meetings, or conferences. Please note that you may decline to share your personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide you with certain aspects of our services or products.
Payment Information: If you choose to purchase a product or service, we and/or our third-party payment processors will collect your payment information, including, but not limited to, your credit or debit card number, card verification value (CVV) number, and expiration date.
Information Collected Automatically
Automated Information: Your web browser or mobile device automatically provides information when you visit the Site, including, but not limited to, your Internet Protocol (IP) address or unique device identifier.
Log Files: Log files store information such as a user’s IP address, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. Like most websites, the Site uses log files to analyze trends, administer the Site, and track users’ movement on the Site.
The Site and our services and products are not directed toward children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect information from children. If we become aware that a child has provided us with information without parental consent, that information will be deleted from our records.
AEC uses the information that we collect to provide our services and products and to operate our business. We may use and store such information for legitimate and lawful business purposes, for example, in order to:
- provide a product or service you requested;
- secure your membership status;
- fulfill your membership benefits;
- analyze and evaluate member and prospective member needs and interests, and improve the member and prospective member experience;
- notify you of AEC official business, news, activities, programs, events, meetings, conferences, services, products, and benefits;
- send occasional email communications on behalf of vendors;
- track event, meeting, and conference attendance;
- respond to communications and inquiries that you send to us;
- promote the function, safety, and security of our services; and
- for other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
For individuals located in the European Economic Area, we rely on multiple legal bases to collect, use, share, or otherwise process your personal data, including that:
- you have given consent, which you may withdraw at any time;
- it is necessary for us to perform a contract with you;
- it is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations;
- it is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests;
- it is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions; and/or
- it is necessary to protect someone’s life.
To the extent we rely on our legitimate interests as a legal basis to collect, use, share, or otherwise process your personal data, those interests include: providing a product or service you requested; securing your membership status; fulfilling your membership benefits; analyzing and evaluating member and prospective member needs and interests, and improving the member and prospective member experience; notifying you of AEC official business, news, activities, programs, events, meetings, conferences, services, products, and benefits; sending occasional email communications on behalf of vendors; tracking event, meeting, and conference attendance; preparing invoices and processing payments; responding to communications and inquiries that you send to us; and promoting the function, safety, and security of our services.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. Personal information may be given to a third party in order to complete a specific business transaction on behalf of AEC. Such transactions may include the following:
- As an AEC member, your name and contact information, as provided to AEC, may be shared with AEC members through the Site’s Member Directory/Member Search feature. You may choose to opt in or opt out of participating in that feature through your online member profile settings or by contacting AEC as set forth below in the “Contact Information” section. We are not responsible for members’ use or misuse of your personal information.
- Your name and contact information, as provided to AEC, may be shared with AEC members to provide a service, satisfy a question, or develop a prospective business relationship. We are not responsible for members’ use or misuse of your personal information.
- Your name and contact information, as provided to AEC, may appear on registration or attendee lists distributed at AEC programs, events, meetings, and conferences to other attendees, including members, and other third parties, including, but not limited to, exhibitors or sponsors. We are not responsible for use or misuse of your personal information by exhibitors, sponsors, or the like.
- We may share your personal information with third parties that provide services to AEC including, but not limited to, administration/operation support; marketing, promotions, and communications; program, event, meeting, or conference enrollment, registration, planning, hosting, or management; website hosting; database management; payment card processing; or other data processing.
- We also may disclose personal information if we become subject to a subpoena, court order, or law enforcement or other government agency inquiry or investigation or if we are otherwise legally required to disclose such information. We also may use and disclose information about you to establish or exercise our legal rights, to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement, to assert and defend against legal claims, or if we believe such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety or well-being of any person.
- If all or part of AEC is merged into or otherwise transferred to another entity, we may transfer the personal information you provided to us to such entity as part of that transaction.
Access to and Control of Personal Information
AEC takes your privacy and the protection of your personal information seriously, and we will provide you with reasonable access to and control of the personal information that you have provided to us. You may update or delete your personal information through your online member profile at any time. You also may request to update or delete your personal information, or to opt in to or opt out of any service offerings, at any time by contacting AEC as set forth below in the “Contact Information” section. Subscribers to our email communications can unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe process set forth in such communications.
For individuals located in the European Economic Area, you may have additional rights concerning your personal data, such as to access, obtain a copy of, correct, or delete that information or to withdraw your consent or object to the collection, use, sharing, or other processing of that information. To make any request with respect to your personal information, please contact AEC as set forth below in the “Contact Information” section.
We employ reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to safeguard your personal information and to help protect against unauthorized access and disclosure. Payment card information is secured using Payment Card Industry (PCI)-compliant procedures. However, please be aware that no method of electronic transmission is completely infallible, and we cannot guarantee its absolute safety. We encourage you to use reasonable care in how you handle and disclose your personal information, user name(s), and password(s). If you become aware of any breach of Site security, please contact us immediately.
If you are visiting the Site from outside the United States, please be aware that you are sending information, including personal data, to the United States where our servers are located. That information may then be transferred within the United States or to other countries outside the United States other than your country of residence. Countries other than your country of residence, including the United States, may have data privacy and protection laws that differ from, and potentially provide less protection than, the applicable laws in your country of residence.
There are external links to other websites throughout the AEC Site, newsletters and other communications. Please note that AEC is not responsible for the privacy policies of those other sites and hereby disclaims any liability or responsibility in connection with such linked sites or personal information they may collect from you.
Aluminum Extruders Council (AEC)
1000 N. Rand Rd., Suite 214
Wauconda, IL 60084