The Aluminum Extruders Council (AEC) and the ET Foundation have developed a new educational event focused on expanding aluminum extrusion knowledge. Extrusion Design University – EDU ’18 is a two-day event scheduled to take place May 14 -16, 2018 at the Chicago Marriott O’Hare in Chicago, Illinois, that will feature one-and-a-half days of educational sessions, an exposition and networking.
EDU '18 will bring together aluminum extrusion industry experts, who are adept at explaining the extrusion design and production process, and participants who want to hone their aluminum extrusion knowledge and design skills.
Are you looking to stay current on your professional education by taking classes that earn continuing education units or CEUs? Presentations at EDU '18 will be evaluated and submitted for continuing education learning units and reported to the appropriate professional educational organizations (e.g. AIA). Check out the education program here.
- Hear from more than a dozen expert speakers, including Hydro Aluminum, PPG, Houghton, Magnode Inc., Azon USA, Technoform, Almag Inc., Bonnell Aluminum, Rio Tinto, and many more who bring technical knowledge and experience.
- Explore applications for aluminum extrusion, including LED lighting, signage, crash management for automotive structures, and more. Explore the program here.
- Find answers to questions on popular aluminum extrusion topics, including specifications, alloys and tempers, building codes, sustainability, finishing, fabrication, thermal break technologies, material comparisons, and more.
- Earn CEUs in one convenient place! AEC is submitting the sessions at EDU ’18 for continuing education learning units and engineering professional development hours (PDH). Get your professional development requirements accomplished conveniently in one place at EDU ‘18.
- Enhance your knowledge and advance your career with add-on workshops* covering aluminum extrusion structural design and anodizing. Learn more about the workshops here.
- Visit with dozens of aluminum extrusion manufacturers and related suppliers who will be on hand at the EDU Expo to discuss their capabilities, offer solutions and connect you with a reliable source for your next aluminum extrusion project!
- Participate in the optional tour of the Custom Aluminum Products facility in nearby Genoa, Illinois to learn how aluminum extrusions are produced, fabricated and finished. Learn more here.
EDU '18 for Extrusion Professionals
EDU '18 is also a conference for aluminum extrusion professionals to stay current on industry topics. There will be a track based on past technical sessions presented at International Aluminum Extrusion Technology Seminars. The Taste of ET Track will be like a "mini ET Seminar" providing extrusion professionals with cutting-edge information and problem-solving techniques. The remaining sessions in the program provide information and training on a wealth of extrusion topics.
Optional Aluminum Extrusion Plant Tour*
Wednesday, May 16, 2018 | 12:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m
An optional tour of the Custom Aluminum Products facility in Genoa, Illinois, approximately one hour west of Chicago's O’Hare Airport, is being offered to EDU '18 registrants. The tour will provide a look at the extrusion, paint and fabrication operations. Roundtrip transportation will be provided leaving immediately following the conference and returning participants to the hotel by 5:00 pm. Register early; space is limited!
*Additional registration required. Seating is extremely limited and seats will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Participation is subject to final approval by management.
Hotel Deadline Extended
Reserve your hotel room by May 4, 2018 using this link >>
For complete details on EDU '18, visit the event website at AEC.org/EDU18.
Interested in exhibiting at EDU '18? Find more information at AEC.org/EDU18-exhibit