Aluminum Extrusion Manual, 4.2 Edition
New Hosting Link!
AEC has moved the Aluminum Extrusion Manual to a new hosting website, which can be accessed by clicking on the link below. Please update your bookmarks to ensure you continue to access this valuable resource.
| Click on the image to
view and download your copy
The Aluminum Extrusion Manual has been updated with new, previously unpublished content! Three new sections have been added or expanded:
- Sustainability - Learn some of the ways that the use of extruded components are reducing the environmental impact of buildings and vehicles
- Fabrication - Expanded to include the myriad ways in which aluminum extrusions can be processed after extruding to facilitate cost savings, part-count reduction, increased product functionality, and more
- Microstructure - Discover how alloy grain structure is critical to achieving the needed extrusion performance for demanding applications. This new section reviews the specifics to provide readers with a basis for discussing critical
part performance with their extruder.
Create more effective products by using aluminum extrusions with AEC's updated Aluminum Extrusion Manual, 4.2 Edition!
After reviewing this manual, you'll have an excellent understanding of the extrusion process...and how to harness it for your product designs!
The Aluminum Extrusion Manual is a great resource to:
Learn more about the aluminum extrusion process
- Discover how to optimize your profile designs
- Find technical information on alloys, finishes, tolerances, etc.
- Get inspiration from the many application examples
- Access valuable reference documents, and much more.
Download Manual >>
When you're ready to move forward with a new extruded component, contact an AEC member extruder for assistance with specific details.
Updated June 2018