Aluminum Extrusion White Papers
With so many possible applications for aluminum extrusions inevitably there are questions that arise. Use the documents in this section to find answers to those questions. Here you will find white papers, summary reports, articles and
other documents that can be downloaded and referred to for more information on why extrusions may be the best solution for your design in a myriad of applications.
Check back often for more documents as they become available.
- NEW! Aluminum Extrusions: Viruses & Bacteria
- At this time of extreme health concern, specifiers must carefully consider how material choices may impact the spread of viruses, bacteria and infectious diseases in healthcare facilities and other public spaces.
- NEW! Aluminum Extrusions: Building Occupant Health and Safety
- Architects and developers are increasingly concerned with the health and safety implications of their material choices. This white paper outlines how aluminum extrusions stack up as a building material choice when taking into consideration the health and safety of building occupants.
- Daylighting, Views, Health & Wellness: The Role of Extruded Aluminum Building Components
- Daylighting and views can be improved using high performance aluminum extrusion-based windows, louvers, and light shelves, providing options for achieving energy efficiency, occupant health and well-being.
- Aluminum Extrusion Use in LED Lighting Fixtures
- It's no secret that the use of LED (light‐emittingdiode) lighting is growing rapidly, in a wide range of applications, due to dramatic savings in energy use and maintenance costs.
- Should You Consider the use of Custom Aluminum Extrusions for Your Next Design Project?
- Most architects and design engineers are somewhat familiar with aluminum extrusions.
- Material Substitution Dynamics in PV Mounting Structures
- IBIS Associates was commissioned to make an unbiased assessment of the relative economic differences of using Steel and Aluminum photovoltaic (PV) mounting structures.