Extrusion Design University – EDU ’18
Thank you to everyone who participated in our first-ever Extrusion Design University, or EDU '18! Watch the AEC website for information on upcoming events. In the meantime, if you missed EDU '18, check out the program by downloading the brochure or exploring this micro-site by clicking on the navigation in the banner above.
Download the brochure >>
What is EDU '18?
EDU ’18 is a new 2-day event that features educational presentations delivered by AEC members and others focused on expanding aluminum extrusion knowledge. This event will bring together industry experts who understand extrusion design and production processes with designers, engineers, and specifiers who are interested in honing their knowledge and understanding of aluminum extrusions.
Focused on application industries served by aluminum extrusion, the educational program at EDU ’18 provides a valuable learning experience for you and your team. The conference includes educational programming covering a variety of application markets, including:
- Building & Construction
- Industrial Applications/Engineered Products
Sessions will cover a multitude of topics—from alloys, specifications and design to finishing, fabrication and specific extrusion applications. In addition, a "Taste of ET" track will highlight some of the award-winning technical presentations delivered at the Eleventh International Aluminum Extrusion Technology Seminar (ET '16). If you missed ET '16 or want another opportunity to see the papers you missed, as well as catch some new sessions, attend EDU '18.
The event includes:
- Hear from more than a dozen expert speakers, including Alcoa, Almag Aluminum, Bonnell Aluminum, Azon USA, Hydro Aluminum, PPG, Magnode, A division of Shape Corp., Rio Tinto - Aluminium, and many more who bring technical knowledge and experience.
- Explore applications for aluminum extrusion, including LED lighting, signage, crash management for automotive structures, and more.
- Find answers to questions on popular aluminum extrusion topics, including specifications, alloys and tempers, building codes, sustainability, painting, anodizing, fabrication, thermal break technologies, and more.
- Earn CEUs in one convenient place! AEC plans to submit the sessions at EDU ’18 for continuing education learning units. Get your professional development requirements accomplished at EDU ‘18.
- Enhance your knowledge and advance your career with add-on workshops covering aluminum extrusion structural design and anodizing. Learn more about the workshops here.
- Visit with dozens of aluminum extrusion manufacturers and related suppliers who will be on hand at the EDU Expo to discuss their capabilities, offer solutions and connect you with a reliable source for your next aluminum extrusion project!
Who Should Attend?
If you design, engineer, specify or use aluminum extrusions, the EDU ’18 program will benefit you. The program will cover a wealth of topics applicable to every end-use market for aluminum extrusions. The program will be valuable to those new to aluminum extrusions as well as veterans, including:
- Product and component manufacturers
- Product designers
- Sales & marketing personnel
- Extrusion industry personnel, and more.
Optional Aluminum Extrusion Plant Tour*
Wednesday, May 16, 2018 | 12:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m
To aid in learning objectives at EDU ’18, an optional tour of the Custom Aluminum Products facility in Genoa, Illinois, approximately one hour west of Chicago's O’Hare Airport, will be offered. Custom Aluminum Products is a family owned and operated business that is recognized as a leader in the aluminum extrusion industry. The company provides a full array of manufacturing capabilities, from extrusion and fabrication to engineering, finishing and assembly for a wide array of customers in various extrusion end markets. The tour of the Genoa facility will provide a look at the extrusion, paint and fabrication operations. Roundtrip transportation will be provided leaving immediately following the conference and returning participants to the hotel by 5:00 pm. Register early; space is limited!
*Additional registration required. You must be registered for EDU '18 to participate in this event. Indicate your participation on the registration form; only those registered may attend. Seating is extremely limited and seats will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Participation is subject to final approval by management.
EDU '18 Event Sponsors
Thank you to the following aluminum industry companies and AEC members for their sponsorship of EDU '18!
Back to Top