Extrusion Design University – EDU ’18
For nearly 50 years, ET Seminars have gathered the brightest minds in the industry to offer research and knowledge focused on aluminum extrusion technology. Now, we are bringing that proven expertise to a new educational event.
Exclusively for Light Metal Age subscribers!
Use code EDU50LMA at checkout to receive $50 off!
Download the brochure >>
REGISTER NOW >>
Navigate through the EDU '18 website by following the links in the menu below the EDU banner.
What is EDU '18?
EDU ’18 is a new 2-day event that features educational presentations delivered by AEC members and others focused on expanding aluminum extrusion knowledge. This event will bring together industry experts who understand extrusion design and production processes with designers, engineers, and specifiers who are interested in honing their knowledge and understanding of aluminum extrusions.
Focused on application industries served by aluminum extrusion, the educational program at EDU ’18 provides a valuable learning experience for you and your team. The conference includes educational programming covering a variety of application markets, including:
- Building & Construction
- Industrial Applications/Engineered Products
Sessions will cover a multitude of topics—from alloys, specifications and design to finishing, fabrication and specific extrusion applications.
In addition, a "Taste of ET" track will highlight some of the award-winning technical presentations delivered at the Eleventh International Aluminum Extrusion Technology Seminar (ET '16). If you missed ET '16 or want another opportunity to see the papers you missed, as well as catch some new sessions, attend EDU '18.
The event includes:
- Hear from more than a dozen expert speakers who freely share their technical knowledge and experience.
- Explore applications for aluminum extrusion, including LED lighting, signage, crash management for automotive structures, and more.
- Find answers to questions on popular aluminum extrusion topics, including specifications, alloys and tempers, building codes, sustainability, painting, anodizing, fabrication, thermal break technologies, and more.
- Earn CEUs in one convenient place! AEC has submitted the sessions at EDU ’18 for continuing education learning units. Get your professional development requirements accomplished at EDU ‘18.
- Enhance your knowledge and advance your career with add-on workshops covering aluminum extrusion structural design, quality anodizing and extrusion excellence. Learn more about the workshops here.
- Visit with dozens of aluminum extrusion manufacturers and related suppliers who will be on hand at the EDU Expo to discuss their capabilities and offer solutions. Exhibit at EDU Expo to connect with current and potential customers! Learn more here.
EDU ’18 – For Aluminum Extrusion Professionals
In addition, EDU ’18 will be a “mini ET Seminar” event with one educational track dedicated to industry training and knowledge-sharing topics. The abbreviated “ET” program will be similar to past ET events covering subjects such as:
- Billet Process & Equipment
- Alloy Development
- Extrusion Equipment
- Extrusion/Die (Practical and Theoretical)
- Value-Added Processes
Sessions in the 'Taste of ET' track sample some of the best papers presented at ET '16 held in May 2016. If you missed ET '16 or want another opportunity to see the papers you missed, as well as catch some new sessions, attend EDU '18 to catch up on the latest extrusion industry information. You can expect the same quality and commitment to excellence at EDU '18 as you do at ET Seminars.
Who Should Attend?
If you are an aluminum extrusion industry professional you should attend to brush up on your industry knowledge, train new employees, see what's new and connect with potential aluminum extrusion customers. Those invited to attend EDU '18 include:
Sales & Marketing Personnel
Extrusion Die & Tooling Professionals
Plant Management Personnel, and more.
Share EDU '18 with your customers and escort them through the event to provide a personal touch to aluminum extrusion education! Attend to connect with professionals who design, engineer, specify or use aluminum extrusions. The EDU ’18 program will cover a wealth of topics applicable to every end-use market for aluminum extrusions. In addition, the program will be valuable to those new to aluminum extrusions, as well as veterans, including:
- Product and component manufacturers
- Product designers
- Sales & marketing personnel
- Extrusion industry personnel, and more.
Optional Aluminum Extrusion Plant Tour*
Wednesday, May 16, 2018 | 12:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m
To aid in learning objectives at EDU ’18, an optional tour of the Custom Aluminum Products facility in Genoa, Illinois, approximately one hour west of Chicago's O’Hare Airport, will be offered. Custom Aluminum Products is a family owned and operated business that is recognized as a leader in the aluminum extrusion industry. The company provides a full array of manufacturing capabilities, from extrusion and fabrication to engineering, finishing and assembly for a wide array of customers in various extrusion end markets. The tour of the Genoa facility will provide a look at the extrusion, paint and fabrication operations. Roundtrip transportation will be provided leaving immediately following the conference and returning participants to the hotel by 5:00 pm. Register early; space is limited!
*Additional registration required. You must be registered for EDU '18 to participate in this event. Indicate your participation on the registration form; only those registered may attend. Seating is extremely limited and seats will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Participation is subject to final approval by management.
EDU '18 EVENT SPONSORS
Thank you to the following aluminum industry companies and AEC members for their sponsorship of EDU '18!
Back to Top