Extrusion Design University – EDU ’19
What is EDU '19?
EDU ’19 is an exciting, one-day event that features educational presentations delivered by AEC members and others focused on expanding aluminum extrusion knowledge. This event will bring together industry experts who understand extrusion design and production processes with designers, engineers, and specifiers who are interested in honing their knowledge and understanding of aluminum extrusions.
This year, EDU '19 is co-located with ALUMINUM USA from September 12-13, 2019 in Nashville, Tennessee. For more information about Aluminum USA, visit Aluminum-US.com.
Focused on application industries served by aluminum extrusion, the educational program at EDU ’19 provides a valuable learning experience for you and your team. The conference includes educational programming covering a variety of application markets, including:
- Building & Construction
- Industrial Applications/Engineered Products
Sessions will cover a multitude of topics—from alloys, specifications and design to finishing, fabrication and specific extrusion applications.
The event includes:
- Twelve, one-hour educational sessions on Thursday
- Networking events to facilitate connections and dialogue
- An optional extrusion plant tour* of Bonnell Aluminum in Carthage, TN on Friday morning
- Hear from industry expert speakers, including Bonnell Aluminum, Technoform, Houghton, Magnode, A division of Shape Corp., and many more who bring technical knowledge and experience.
- Explore applications for aluminum extrusion.
- Find answers to questions on popular aluminum extrusion topics, including specifications, alloys and tempers, anodizing, fabrication, and more.
- Earn CEUs in one convenient place! AEC plans to submit the sessions at EDU '19 for continuing education learning units. Get your professional development requirements accomplished at EDU '19.
Who Should Attend?
If you design, engineer, specify or use aluminum extrusions, the EDU '19 program will benefit you. The program will cover a wealth of topics applicable to every end-use market for aluminum extrusions. The program will be valuable to those new to aluminum extrusions as well as veterans, including:
- Product and component manufacturers
- Product designers
- Sales & marketing personnel
- Extrusion industry personnel, and more.
Registration is OPEN!
Registration fees for EDU '19 are extremely reasonable. Register early to save $50 by June 15, 2019!
Review the registration fees here.
REGISTER NOW >>
Optional Aluminum Extrusion Plant Tour*
Friday, September 13, 2019 | 8:00 a.m. - Noon
To aid in learning objectives at EDU '19, an optional tour of the Bonnell Aluminum facility in Carthage, TN will be offered. Bonnell Aluminum's Carthage plant provides high-end custom extrusions for many different industries, but mainly focuses on commercial construction. Bonnell delivers a full service experience by providing the customer complete quality control by casting our own billet, custom extrusions, wet paint, anodizing, as well as providing thermal barrier capabilities with our polyurethane and I-strut lines. This is followed by custom packaging. The tour will showcase the full capabilities in Casting, Extrusion, Anodizing, Paint, Finishing, and Shipping operations.
*Additional registration required. You must be registered for EDU '19 to participate in this event. Indicate your participation on the registration form; only those registered may attend. Seating is extremely limited and seats will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Participation is subject to final approval by management.
EDU '19 Event Sponsors
Thank you to the following aluminum industry companies and AEC members for their sponsorship of EDU '19!
Back to Top