This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others are essential to making our site function properly and improve the user experience. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Click Accept to consent and dismiss this message or Deny to leave this website. Read our Privacy Statement for more.
Print Page | Sign In | Join
ET '21 International Guests
Twelfth International Aluminum Extrusion Technology Seminar & Exposition

International Guests Attending ET '21

The ET Foundation hopes you and your colleagues will come and be part of an important community at ET ’21 where you can establish solid relationships with counterparts in other countries and stay up to date on innovations that are emerging around the world in aluminum extrusion.

To make your trip as smooth as possible, please take some time to review this information regarding travel to the United States. If you need assistance, please contact the ET Foundation and we will be glad to answer your questions.

International Travelers

Passports & Visas

Generally, all international travelers need a visa to enter the United States. Foreign nationals traveling to the U.S. to conduct temporary business need a visitor visa (B-1), unless qualifying for entry under the Visa Waiver Program. Attending the International Aluminum Extrusion Technology Seminar & Expo-ET ’21 qualifies as "temporary business" according to the U.S. State Department website. IMPORTANT: The ET Foundation recommends that you apply for your visa at least three months in advance. You are strongly encouraged to plan ahead and begin the application process early.

Download the U.S. Visas flyer for more information (PDF).

Travelers coming to the United States for business (B-1 category visa) purposes for 90 days or less from qualified countries may be eligible to travel without a visa if they meet the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) requirements. Currently, 38 countries participate in the VWP. For a list of participating countries and additional information on VWP requirements, see

In order to travel without a visa on the VWP, you must have authorization through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to boarding a U.S. bound air or sea carrier. ESTA is a web-based system operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to determine eligibility to travel under the VWP to the United States for tourism or business. For more information, visit the ESTA webpage here.

Letter of Invitation

A Letter of Invitation cannot be supplied until you have registered for ET ’21 and payment has been received in full.

To request an invitation letter to help secure a visa to the United States for ET ’21 (May 11-13, 2021) please follow these steps:

  1. Pay your registration fee in full
  2. Request a Letter of Invitation by sending an email to

NOTE: Neither The ET Foundation nor the Aluminum Extruders Council has influence over the issue of a visa. We are not able to contact U.S. Embassies or Consulates in support or on behalf of individuals attempting to gain entry into the U.S. to attend ET ’21. Please direct specific questions to your embassy.